Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Full of Enthusiasm

Getting so excited about my training. Still working on the plan, but I am getting close to finalizing it. Wait a minute, I'll be right back, it's Diet Dr. Pepper time. Grabbed some carrots too while I was in the refridge, isn't that exciting for a snack. On a mission to drop 5 more lbs. When I began this mission I had 11 lbs to lose. So I am doing ok, but the thing is, I wanted to drop the weight before my marathon training started. Don't think that's going to happen, exactly as planned, seeing that it's Wed. and my training starts on Monday. The original goal was to be down to my goal weight by July 1, so that might be doable, if I can stay on track. My other mission is to, of course, pr (set a personal record) in the marathon. (I know, me and all the other racers out there want that.) To do that, one huge step toward that goal is to drop the extra cushion that I have been carrying on my hips, butt, and thighs. I am really focused on the weight lose and I know I will get there. Maybe I have another pr in me too. To be continued.........

Let me back up and explain the extra cushion. Last year we remodeled our house. Basically, moved out, gutted the house, and remodeled. We started on Dec. 26, 2007, and finished in Dec. 2008. Thank you Jesus! Finally done! Don't think I will attempt that again. We will be stuck in 2008 for many, many, many years to come. It was definitely remodeling stress induced weight gain. So the mission continues, and hopefully, in the future I will find other ways to cope with stress. Maybe some meditation or something. Ha Ha

Back on track - I started the blog today to tell you about my run this morning. I met Kelly at 7am to run a new route in Lake Serene. I love running different routes, and especially new ones. I also love meeting friends to run. It makes the time go by so fast. I really enjoy the chatting & running. Seems I'm always multitasking. Like eating my carrots and blogging.
We ran 5 miles today at an easy pace. The loop is hilly which will be perfect training for the SGM. Great run, nice and easy, I like that.

No comments: