Monday, November 2, 2009

My Name In Lights!

Well not really, but for me, it's "my BIG thing."  Click HERE  to see "my name in lights."  I received the very exciting news that I have been officially accepted into the 2010 BOSTON MARATHON.  (my friend Terry will be going back again this year,  not sure how many for him, but he is a regular in Boston)

Today I officially start the POTM (Piling on the Miles) challenge that Bobbi (www.nhershoes.blogspot.com) and Caitlin (www.HealthyTippingPoint.com)  have started to help to ramp up the mileage in order to keep the holiday pounds away.  It can be walking or running.  So today I walked for 4 miles.  I have had 2 hard running days, so today, I needed to take it back a notch to get ready for Tues. track (yay, Tues. track)  Gonna run some more 200s again on Tues.  FUN!  This morning I started the day with some yoga while my coffee was brewing and later in the morning I went to yoga class, and this evening, just before dark I went for the walk.


This pic didn't turn out nearly as great as the view was, but it was beautiful.  I am so thankful that I can get out and enjoy the scenery on a run or a walk.  By the time I made it home it was dark, the full moon was bright, and I just had to do some "full moon salutations" to stretch out after my walk.

The weather was great today and is supposed to be nice all week.  The yoga and walk - awesome!
The email from registration@baa.org - PRICELESS!





12 comments:

Tara said...

Awwww...that must be a great feeling to see your name in that list! I am soooo excited for you!

Erin Conley said...

Congratulations, Ginny! What an accomplishment! And enjoy your Tuesday 200s...I always love track days!

Julie Ard James said...

Congrats girl! That is such an achievement!

Unknown said...

You are going to have the time of your life...just wait! Exciting! Sounds like you are super active...burning the calories and having fun too.

kristen said...

Wow, talk about motivation!!! How exciting!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

That will make all of the miles of training easier - knowing where you'll be in April!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Congrats on being Boston-bound!

Your view looked like mine last evening. Beautiful picture.

Jennifer said...

How fabulous! You deserve to celebrate! With your dedication and good strategies you will fly through the streets of Boston!

Unknown said...

I'm checking out some of the other bloggers that are participating in Pile on the Miles. Congrats on being accepted into the Boston marathon! In addition, congratulations on getting in 23.5 miles so far this month!

Karen said...

BOSTON! Very cool. Congratulations :)

Lindsay said...

congrats on your official acceptance!! good luck in the potm challenge :)

Ulyana said...

Aah, Boston marathon - THE dream! Congratulations! That's wonderful.