Monday, November 30, 2009

GREAT NEWS - I think?????

Thought I would give a little update about my hip.  It has been the weirdest thing.  Sunday I was worried about a stress fracture and today, Monday, no pain at all.  I iced 4 times on Sunday.  I got up this morning and did my 20 min of yoga and no pain.  Later in the morning, it was raining and I jogged across the yard to keep from getting drenched and no pain.  So thankful and so excited.

It was a warning sign that I will heed.  So today Chad(hubs), Scarlett(doggie) and I walked for 30 min.  I iced again today and will ice tonight after the Saints game.  Will test the waters a little on Wed with a 3 mile running attempt. 

We are at the Alumni House watching the Saints game.  I am too ADD to watch 3 hours of football so I brought my laptop to catch up on all the blogs and to give you guys the good news.

Go Saints!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for ADD...it's so fun to have it out in the open, right!!??
So happy the hip is okay, isn't weird how we all have these mystery pains-there one day, gone the next?!
I'm doing the same thing as you right now by the way...my report cards are finally done!

RunToTheFinish said...

Glad things are starting to feel better. I love reading blogs while semi watching whatever hubs has on

Jennifer said...

Phew!!! Is all I can say! And did Saints kick some booty or what!

Jenn said...

Glad to hear it's hopefully nothing serious! I like football but I always have to be doing something else at the same time. I could never just watch for 3 hours!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Glad to hear it is feeling better. Keep an eye on it. I wouldn't want to read that it became something serious!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Glad you're feeling better because you've got all kinds of races coming up!

HappyTrails said...

That part about NOT having a hip fracture is always so nice!!! We're not huge Saints fans, but we were rooting for them to knock the Pats down a notch - or several notches! Hope you're back to feeling good with that 26 miler coming up.

HappyTrails said...

I wanted to respond back regarding the hydration pack stuff. I have worn a Camelbak on the bike for so many years so the transition to wearing one while running was easy. I really don't even know it's there. If you get a good fit, where it doesn't move around, you shouldn't get any chafing. Like anything else, it will probably feel weird at first but you should get used to it. I tried a waist pack years ago but I thought it was horrible! LOL! It's what we are used to. It bounced around and hurt my hips. I would highly recommend a Camelbak backpack style or even one of the Nathan hydration vests. Steve loves his Nathan. Just my two cents to help out on your long run check list!

Lindsay said...

hooray! glad it seems to be doing fine. hope it continues to feel better so you can keep chugging along!

Tim F said...

That's awesome you are doing fine! Great news! And, good job by the Saints. Lucky they don't play the 49ers this year or they might lose a game. :)

Melissa said...

Glad that your hip is feeling better. Good luck on the run!

Jill said...

Love those ADD moments, I have plenty! Glad that things are progressing nicely! Hang in there!!!

Cate said...

I'm glad the hip seems to be OK!