Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tupelo Marathon here I come!

So as of today, I have 37 miles and 3 yoga classes complete. Thurs. afternoon, Fri., and Sat. will be rest days, probably walking or riding the bike 30 min. After the run this morning I had an ice bath and green tea, I also plan to sneak in a nap today. The last 2 nights I didn't sleep very well, I think it's the moon. Really, many times when I do not sleep well, if I notice, the moon is full or almost full. Not sure why, although it's beautiful, it messes with me.

I am excited about the Tupelo, MS marathon. I am using this race as a "training run" no racing for me this time. Just a nice and easy pace for 26.2. I do plan to give myself the out, if needed. I have heard that this marathon is really hilly. If it feels like it's "beating me up" too much, I will bail at 20-22 miles and get Chad to come pick me up, or walk the final few miles. It will be nice to go into a marathon with little to no expectations about time. Also, although it will be a very
quick trip, it will be nice trip with my honey.

This week:
Monday - 10 @ 9:30 pace & yoga - lots of "flow" tough class

Tues. - 7 miles am, serenity yoga, 3 miles pm. This run was such a treat. Monday night I noticed the "almost" full moon and told Chad that I wanted to do a night run. So I went to the 5:30 pm yoga class, came home had a quick bite to eat, and waited until about 8:30 or 9:00 to go for my other 3 miles. It was so nice. Chad and Scarlett (our dog) joined me. Chad rode the bike. We were about 1/2 mile into the run and we saw a shooting star. After that we ran by the pond with the a color lighted water fountain in it. It was so pretty with the full moon and the lighted fountain. It was a magical run, except my breathing was much labored due to the eating a little too much before the run.

Wed. - 8 miles with a 5 mile tempo run on hills @ 8:05 pace, yoga class. Wed evening the Pinebelt Pacers were getting together to run the "Labor Your Legs 5k course, and to stuff the bags for the run on Monday. Originally, I had said that I would not run this one, but when I arrived decided to jump in and run easy. Wed. evening - feeling very tired.

Thur. am - 6 miles at the Longleaf Trial (rails to trails). First flat run that I have had in a long time. Nice change of scenery and pace.

4 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Sounds like you have a good plan for this marathon. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you Ginny! This will be a chance to do a training run around people, test yourself a little and have fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Looks like you're ready for it! Rest, rest, rest and smile!

Jennifer said...

Hey Ginny! I know you will do fantastic on your 'training' run. have a great time, that's most important! See you soon!

HappyTrails said...

Sounds like you have had a great week! Have fun on your "training" run on Monday!
K